Tuesday, January 18, 2011

'Assignments' for the coming season...

No photos for this post...

Am contemplating on doing a lot of things this coming spring...
1. Pumpkin: failed miserably last season. The only fruit I got was a fist-sized tiny pumpkin,.. inedible of course...
2. Zucchini: as above, failed badly in 2010... planted a Toscany, a green, and a yellow... but all died or fared poorly... next spring, shall buy a packet of seeds to plant all over...
3. Four-angled beans: had been trying to plant this bean for the last three years with seeds brought from Malaysia, but just as they began to flower, the cold came and killed them... arrggh... this year, I am buying the seeds from Japan... let's see what happens...
4. Cekur: a very fragrant herb found in my family plot in Malaysia... like the four angled beans, had been trying for the last two years without success... but am not giving up as yet...
5. Yes, I am planning to grow more rose geraniums here and there in the potager... I just love the smell when their leaves are rubbed on... this cutie may just win my vote as my most favorite plant...
6. And should I say, trap the racoon that I suspect had robbed me of my sweet potatoes... shall be attending a course soon to get a licence to do the trapping... am quite excited with this prospect...
7. Make the potager more pleasant looking? Hmmm... am not so much of a garden designer but shall try and see what I can do...

For more stuff on 'assignments', see fer...