Saturday, January 8, 2011

Potager frosted...

Went out to the potager to harvest some rocket and mini radish for breakfast...
Almost let out a scream upon seeing the plants 'frozen'...
The carrots, chard, radish, lettuce, onions, fava beans, snap peas, parsnip... ouch!
Wanted to pour water on them to melt away the ice...
But was stopped by my missus... you will only make it worse.... let nature take its way and wait for the sun to warm them up, she said...
Went off for a function and came back in the afternoon to check...
She was right... the plants had recovered... ahh...
Now I am wondering if I should cover my plots with some protective plastic...
We use green peppers to make 'pizza toast' for breakfast almost everyday...
But we need more 'kick', so next season, I shall be planting more Jalapenos instead...
We grew habaneros once, but ooh, no way we could enjoy that fiery stuff...
We have water lily and lotus in our pond...
The water lily flowers every year but not the lotus...
Perhaps I should add some cowdung into the lotus pot...